Friday, August 13, 2010

we went to Asheville.

We got to spend our 6th anniversary at a beautiful wedding in North Carolina. Afterwards, we took a road trip to Asheville.

The trip was gorgeous- like driving through the pass gorgeous. We got sun and rain and everything in between (it was just a couple of hours.)

We checked into our hotel which was right next to the highway, but had great views.

We walked downtown- which unfortunately I don't have any pictures of. There were shops set up along the street, and lots of delicious restaurants. Asheville was like Austin with more trees and older architecture.

On the second day we drove out to the Nantahala to go rafting. I have never done it before, but now I'm hooked.


There are a few pictures of our trip below. You might notice that over the series I *ahem* move into the boat. You can also tell how much we hated the whole thing. (Look at our faces.)

It was a GREAT day.
(another installment tomorrow... and by tomorrow I mean Monday)

4 comments:

  1. I miss rafting! That looks so fun. Cute pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you guys are too cute. Looks like you had tons of fun! I haven't gone river rafting since like junior high, but I remember it being really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness you and Patrick are soo cute! SHEESH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome! I agree - you 2 are very cute together. :)

    ReplyDelete