Monday, August 31, 2009

so Paint it White.

[Alternative title to this post – "so I'm Gonna Killz You!"]

I have a lifelong fear of clutter and color– mainly cluttered colors. The pairing of this issue with my inability to throw anything away can cause a lot of internal strife.
I think I may have discovered a solution.

Article A - These adorable birdies were part of our housewarming basket when we bought the house. I love them, but no matter where I tried to put them their sweet little faces became heavy and dark (and a bit scary). I could not part with them, knowing they would probably end up in the dumpster– so, I got out the primer and...

voila! Now they sit happily on my bookshelf. I may start painting everything white. (Angel and Jovi beware.)

Now, I don't want to hear anything about my color filing system for these books. It makes me breathe easier and it looks so pretty. Who needs to find a certain book anyways? Any book will do.

5 comments:

  1. Hah! I never thought about organizing my books by color. It wouldn't work for me, but I can definitely see the appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Alison, the birds turned out so cute! i love how they pop against your color coordinated books! ")

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're my color twin! I have my books organized that way and LOVE to paint things white. I have a shelf in my living room filled with toys from the thrift store all painted white. Find weird ones with good shapes and unrecognizable characters (ie no mickey mouse), one you paint them white they look like sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh the engineer OCD in me would not could not stand to live in your house and see books organized by color...

    ReplyDelete
  5. no no! I swear, it's awesome. They look so good- and today I was all "Where's that blue book I need to read?" and so I went to the blue section...
    Of course my reference books are not color coded at all, that would not stand.

    ReplyDelete